Carmignac is pleased to announce the accreditation of three additional funds – Carmignac Portfolio Emergents, Carmignac Euro-Entrepreneurs and Carmignac Portfolio Patrimoine Europe – bringing the number of labelled funds to eight, representing nearly €4 billion of assets under management1.
Carmignac Portfolio Patrimoine Europe
Carmignac Portfolio Patrimoine Europe, a socially responsible investment fund classified as Article 8 according to the SFDR2, had already obtained the Belgian Towards Sustainability label in February 2021. Latest addition to the Patrimoine range, it deploys a flexible allocation across European bonds and equity markets. It seeks to positively contribute to society and looks to minimize its environmental impact by having a reduced carbon footprint.
Carmignac Portfolio Emergents
Carmignac Portfolio Emergents, a socially responsible investment fund classified as Article 8 according to the SFDR, had already obtained the Belgian Towards Sustainability label in February 2020. This Fund is the SICAV structure of Carmignac’s flagship emerging market equity strategy launched in 1997. It invests in sustainable growth themes within emerging markets such as financing clean technology solutions or improving living standards and looks to minimize its environmental impact by having a reduced carbon footprint.
Carmignac Euro-Entrepreneurs is a socially responsible investment fund classified as Article 8 according to the SFDR. It invests in European small- and mid-capitalisation companies that exhibit high governance standards and looks to minimize its environmental impact by having a reduced carbon footprint.
RESPONSIBLE INVESTMENT AT CARMIGNAC:
Our mission: create value for our clients and positive outcomes for the society and the environment.
No investments in tobacco, controversial weapons, coal or adult entertainment (amongst others)3.
Systematic integration of ESG analysis4 in all our Funds, supported by our proprietary ESG research system ‘START’5.
A dedicated range of SRI and Thematic ESG funds, most of them classified as Article 8 or Article 9 according to the SFDR and accredited by sustainability labels.
For more information about the labels, visit http://www.lelabelisr.fr and www.towardssustainability.be.
(1) Source: Carmignac, as of 31/05/2021.
(2) Sustainable Finance Disclosure Regulation (SFDR). Article 8 funds promote environmental and social characteristics. Article 9 funds have sustainable investments as a measurable objective. For more information please refer to EUR-Lex.
(3) Companies deriving +10% of revenue from thermal coalmining, as well as those deriving +2% of revenues from adult entertainment/pornography production. Refer to our Policies and Reports page for more details on our Exclusion Policies in the “Responsible Investment” section of our website.
(4) ESG = Environment, Social, Governance.
(5) The proprietary ESG system START combines and aggregates market leading data providers ESG indicators. Given the lack of standardisation and reporting of some ESG indicators by public companies, not all relevant indicators can be taken into consideration. START provides a centralised system whereby Carmignac’s proprietary analysis and insights related to each company are expressed, irrespective of the aggregated external data should it be incomplete. For more information, please refer to our website.